Corporate events are never just about hosting an event.
Corporate event management is about strategy, communication, attracting more stakeholders, and inspiring a sense of community among your employees.
- More than ever, the corporate event planning industry is in a boom – by 2031, it is expected to be a trillion-dollar industry.
- According to a study conducted by MarketSplash, 60% of executives consider corporate events to be the most significant marketing channel to achieve their corporate objectives.
Corporate Event Management is a science in itself. It is not as easy as it sounds. We have compiled a simple yet effective guide for you to step into the world of corporate event management.
Here’s Your Easy Guide to Corporate Event Management
When it comes to corporate event planning, there are multiple things one needs to focus on. From logistics to budget to food arrangement, there is always something that requires the attention of the team.
Many people tend to think that only corporate meetings, seminars, etc., are considered to be corporate events. But there are a lot more types of events that come under this category. For example, team building activities and annual celebrations are also corporate events.
A good corporate event management company allocates special teams to look after all the requirements of the guests and ensures that the event is conducted smoothly and successfully.
Ultimate Checklist for Corporate Event Management
Here is a condensed and comprehensive checklist for corporate event management beginners that can help you multitask and manage an event – all the things a successful corporate event needs.
- Define your goals – what do you want the event to look like and who are you pitching it for?
- Start planning early – fix the date, time, and location quite in advance to avoid confusion.
- Event Budget and Logistics – come up with the potential number of attendees to plan the budget.
- Choose the right people – find keynote speakers and panelists that align with the company’s goals.
- Marketing and Managing – start marketing the event very early to reach the perfect target audience.
- Arranging Tech and Registration – specific teams should be allocated for the different parts of the corporate event planning.
- Food, Hospitality, and Others – the event’s success depends on the hospitality, so don’t forget to give your best!
- Post-event duties – make sure to follow up with the attendees after the event and collect their reviews and opinions.
5 Major Types of Corporate Events
Let us look at the major types of corporate events and how they can contribute to your company.
1. Corporate Conferences
When we speak of corporate events, we normally think of conferences. These events basically provide a way for people in the same areas of work to connect and exchange ideas. Conferences consist of many sessions and speeches, be it single-day affairs or spread across many days.
2. Corporate Seminars
Seminars are like conferences but are just smaller. They could even just feature a single keynote speaker, like a lecture, but just be more interactive. Small seminars can be run internally by companies.
3. Trade Shows and Product Launches
Trade shows and product launches are categories that more commonly require corporate event management. These events help you to get in touch with your audience and promote the event through media.
4. Team-Building Activities
There is one category of corporate events that encompasses all of the above events. that is the team building outing or company retreat. For both the company and its employees, corporate offs-sites are important events.
This is because they provide employees an opportunity to step out of office and strengthen their bonds with one another.
Why are Team Building Events and Activities Important for Your Company?
Team building outings serve the important purpose of showing a company’s staff that their employer really values their hard work and efforts. This certainly boosts the morale of employees.
Of course, these events are not just about relaxing and having fun. They are more than just a way for a corporation to reward its staff. Many such retreats include work sessions and brainstorming mini conferences, designed to help the company grow further through the collective thinking of their staff.
This is where corporate event management plays a crucial role in ensuring the success of such retreats. They plan the logistics of the whole endeavor, from travel booking to venue bookings. And before all that comes, of course, destination management.
How Mileage Global Steps In To Help With Corporate Event Management
As the number of Gen Z employees increases in every organization, recreational and rejuvenating outings have become almost mandatory for all companies today. They serve many valuable purposes.
- They help new hires of the company connect with and get to know the old ones. A lot of unwinding and de-stressing is achieved.
- Your staff tends to get recharged, and their productivity gets enhanced.
- People get to understand one another better, once they meet in a freer environment, outside the office. Team games can help connect them to one another more.
- Accepting other people’s weaknesses and learning to value their strengths can go a long way toward enhancing group productivity.
- Most importantly, corporate team outings help to build and then sustain a company’s culture over a longer period of time.
As you can see, all this necessarily requires a lot of thoughtful planning and managing. This is why your event planner must be a team outing specialist who understands your needs in their entirety and helps to make your trip a true success.
Mileage Global is an industry expert with many years of experience in planning and organizing excellent team outings and team building events. Team up with us to conduct the best team events and help your teammates collaborate and communicate better!